Monday, December 31, 2012

{ Chia Seed Pudding } - A Recipe

My healthy eating journey is starting this morning with some Chia Seed Pudding topped with fresh bananas! I am determined to transition to a "Real Food" lifestyle. I am bypassing the processed foods and am kicking off 2013 with a new healthy lifestyle!

I must admit I was a little skeptical of these Chia Seeds and their incresing popularity, but after researching and studying them at "Google University" I have realized they are very beneficial to one's body! They help stabilize your blood sugars, help wth concentration, improve moods, energize now (and later), fills you up, lowers cholesterol, builds muscle mass, and more! They are Gluten Free, low on the glycemic index, high in protein and Omege 3, and great for healthy hair, skin, and nails! And so much more!

It amazes me how these little seeds that once were used to plant "grass" in ceramic figures can be so healthy and good for you!


CHIA SEED PUDDING

2 cups plain Almond Milk (I used the Almond & Coconut Milk blend)
3/4 cups chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt



1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken. This will take about 2 minutes.
3. Continue stirring once every 10 mins for about an hour (this will help the chia seeds "gel" and grap the flavors of the cinnamon and vanilla).
4. Place in the fridge overnight and allow to thicken even more.
5. Serve plain or topped with your favorite fruit.
6. Enjoy!

On a side note, I like my sweets and this recipe was not sweet enough for me! Next time I will add some honey (or natural sweeteners - agave nectar, maple syrup) and see how that goes! Also, mine was a little on the "thicker side" and I will decrease the amount of chia seeds to about 1/2 cup next time.

Enjoy!

>~ Melissa ~



I'm sharing this at Monday Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment