Monday, December 17, 2012

Dream Journey

Recently I heard a teaching on dreams. Not the dreams you have when you’re sleeping, but the subject was hopes and dreams. I was very intrigued by this and also a little relieved.

After listening to this wonderful speaker it occurred to me that fears, anxiety, and stress are related to losing your dreams (and your inability to dream). During this short hour of teaching I realized that my hopes and dreams had faded somewhere along the way. At some point in my life I lost them! Where are they? How do I get them back? Where is the person I used to be who would sit and dream?

I always thought of myself as a dreamer. I would sit and daydream all the time, but that part of me got lost somewhere along the way. Those dreams were replaced by fears, worries, and stress.

Now, I am on a journey to dream and have my dreams fulfilled! Sure, I have done vision boards, dream boards, etc but this minister quoted a verse from The Bible about dreams and visions… The Bible! Whew… I was so relieved to hear this! I thought these vision boards and dream boards were the complete opposite of the way I was raised, believed, and even my faith!

“Then the Lord
answered me and said:
Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.” (Habakkuk 2:2)

I was so intrigued by this that I ran out and bought the book! Well, honestly, I hurried to download it! Nonetheless, I am on a journey! I am on a Dream Journey! I am heading toward all my Heavenly Daddy has in store for me! And it is going to be good! And I am going to be victorious!

Come and join me… that is the purpose of this blog! Together we can have our dreams fulfilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment