Monday, December 31, 2012

{ Grain FREE Banana Blueberry Yum }

This week I am kicking off the beginning of a healthy lifestyle (more to come on that later). So, to jump start the kicking of my "always running to processed foods" habit I found an amazing recipe and altered it a little bit! First up is my "Grain Free Banana Blueberry Yum!" - much healthier than grabbing a processed sugar loaded "fruit & cereal" bar!

Enjoy!

Oh, and I must warn you that your kitchen will fill with the smell of a delicious healthy aroma!



GRAIN FREE BANANA BLUEBERRY YUM

3 cups blanched Almond Flour (I used almond meal)
1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 T olive oil or melted coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
3 eggs
4-5 ripe Bananas (mashed) - I left mine in semi chunks
2 cups frozen blueberries (I added more - I LOVE blueberries)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 14 glass pan.
2. Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the oil and eggs.
4. Beat the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Add bananas and mix together thoroughly.
6. Place batter in your prepared pan and sprinkle blueberries on top. I personally added my blueberries in the mix and did not sprinkle - I love blueberries and had a LOT of them!
7. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the edges are brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool for approximately 30 minutes (if you can wait that long). Serve.
9. If you possibly have any leftovers, store in an airtight container.

These are so delicious and healthy! Your body will thank you!

~ Melissa ~

I'm sharing this at Monday Mania, Full Plate Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions


You can read about my journey with Reactive Hypoglycemia here!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! I've never used almond flour yet but this seems like a great recipe to ease into trying it.

    http://www.divagoesorganic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Banana and Blueberry combination for this recipe. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete